Saturday 22 June 2013

I was going to write something constructive, but it's been a long day...

I just started wondering why I tend to use ellipses (which is the plural of ellipsis, I checked) in my titles, and I realised it's probably because the title is only the beginning and there's so much left to say. Which makes more sense than a lot of things that go on in my head, so there you go.

I still have no idea why I have a penchant for brackets, but I do know I've been using them since my early school years.

Today I played Airsoft. For those of you that don't know, this basically means I went and attempted to shoot people with, and not get shot by, small plastic balls shot at high speeds from replica guns.

It was pretty fun. I got to break in my new hiking shoes, get mud all over my new hiking shoes (oh, joy), walk around a lot and just generally try not to get shot or lost.

The swamp bits were quite fun. It was like playing "The floor is lava" but instead of lava it was water/mud.

Shooting at people was surprisingly exhilarating. So was being shot at, partially because suddenly a whole bunch of small white balls are flying at your face and you can almost convince yourself that it's snowing/hailing. I got a couple of bruises and some scratches from the prickly gorse, but all in all a great time was had and I'm definitely keen to do it again.

Did I mention I'm going skiing tomorrow? Well, I say skiing. Last time I went skiing was on a school trip maybe six years ago.

Funny story actually; I lost my skis right before the ski lesson I had signed up for was due to start. I have no idea how this happened but in retrospect I probably shouldn't have abandoned them to make a snowman. And to find out how snow tasted. I remember being very interested in how snow tasted.

But I digress. By the time I found my skis the lesson was halfway through and there was no point joining it. So I tried to figure it out on my own, at which point I very embarrassingly wiped out in front of a group of five-year-olds. Luckily, their instructor took pity on me (or perhaps on everyone who had to share a patch of snow with me) and taught me the "pizza slice" technique so that I could (theoretically) come to a controlled stop.

So, tomorrow ought to be fun. What I lack in skill and co-ordination I more than make up for in enthusiasm and determination. Plus, my concentration face is really funny. But not as funny as my television watching face, according to my friends. Who should definitely have been watching the news and not my face. Especially because they had just finished yelling at me for watching a book instead of the news. Thanks, Asher.

Also, there is a big rugby match on in my city tonight. The All Blacks are playing France. I should probably say something witty and intelligent but instead I'm just going to comment on the fact that I always found it amusing that All Black Andrew WHORE played in the position of HOOKER.

That's all for now.
If you have any ski tips, please let me know below.
Thanks,
Jess
xoxox


No comments:

Post a Comment