Saturday 29 June 2013

HEY GUYS! LIFE IS GREAT, ISN'T IT?

Sorry for the overzealous caps lock usage in the title. I suppose instead of apologising I could go back and change it, but I'm not going to. Sorry.

Anyway, I'm feeling much better today and that is good.

Today's post will be short, because I'm working on a really awesome post that will appear sometime in the next few days, plus my ability to write coherently seems to have vanished on me. Also, I am babysitting tonight and therefore haven't got that much time.

Let's talk about music! Music is a very important part of my life.

I may not be very good at it, but it's something I enjoy and something I can constantly improve on, and I've made massive progress since I started.

I'm also pretty much self taught, which is something I'm very proud of.

I've had my guitar for seven or so years and she is my baby.

Her name is Turtle Dawson, because turtles are awesome and I really like Kimya Dawson's music. She did the soundtrack for the movie Juno, if anyone's seen it.

I love that movie. I quote it all the time, but none of my friends get it, which is sad.

Actually, it's quite interesting to me how I can almost immediately identify a phrase as a quote because my my mind works linguistically, whereas my friend James, for example, would better recognise an image because his mind works visually.

It was handy in exams, because usually the question would remind me of the answer. But I digress.

Anyway, I was going to show you a video of me playing guitar but the acoustics in my room are too good and it sound really echo-ey and delayed and terrible. Either that or my computer has rubbish sound quality.

UPDATE: It's the recording software I was using. Hopefully I'll have a video up in the next few days.
FURTHER UPDATE: It's the angle of the guitar relative to the mic.
FINAL UPDATE: My computer hates me. That is all.

Bye for now,
Love,
Jess
xoxox

No comments:

Post a Comment