Tuesday 2 July 2013

This is going nowhere fast...

I've been having crazy nightmares and today has been pretty full on so I'm not totally with it.

I really need some topics to write about because I'm running out of ideas.

In the mean time, here is a picture of me looking like Justin Beiber.


And here's ten funky facts about me:
1. I love sloths. I have a sloth t-shirt. I love them because I think they're cute and because they're the ultimate tree huggers!

2. I have more books than clothes in my closet. I have over 150 books. My oldest book was given to me by a very dear friend and is over 100 years old. I've probably read about half my books, maybe less. Among the books I own are the complete works of Shakespeare and seventeen poetry books. And this is onyl the hard copy books I own. I have over a hundred more digital books.

3. I love both maths and English. I took Calculus and Physics last year as well as History and English and loved them all. I also took chemistry. My passion lies in social science but I'm a writer at heart and I will always find maths fun!

4. The best books I read last year were Fight Club by Chuck Palahniuk, Catch-22 by Joseph Heller, Slaghterhouse Five by Kurt Vonnegut and Ender's Game by Orson Scott Card. Ask me about them. I dare you. Or better yet, read them yourself! Maybe I'll write a post about them tomorrow. Or an essay. Or put up my essay on Catch-22 and Slaughterhouse Five from last year, or the practise one I did on Catch-22 and Fight Club.

5. My favourite band is The Fray. I also like Ed Sheeran, needtobreathe, Mumford and Sons, Red Hot Chilli Peppers, Snow Patrol, Fun, Live, Kimya Dawson, Beth Hart, Coldplay and Hot Chelle Ray. I prefer a natural sound (like that of Ed Sheeran) over this autotune nonsense.

6. With music, I go for lyrics more than anything. If I find something I like in the lyrics of a song, then I'll like that song. Doesn't matter about genre, or artist, I'm a lyrics girl. I guess I like music for the poetry it contains.

7. My favourite flowers are Daphne. I love the way they smell.

8. I prefer to wear necklaces over bracelets or rings. In fact I don't choose to wear rings at all. I don't particularly like the feel of them. I probably spend the most money on earrings though.

9. I have two piercings in each ear. Both in the lobe. One set of piercings was done myself, at different times whilst living in the hostel, with, if I recall, a safety pin (that one was really crooked) and a thumbtack/pushpin. The left side closed up after an infection due to me trying to use a stretcher, and I repierced those earlier this year (still a DIY job, but with proper piercing earrings lent to me by my bestie for life, Amanda), which allowed me to straighten out the crooked piercing. I also kind of sucessfully pierced my bellybutton, but Dad made me take it out. Also, I can't spell piercing. 

10. I once rescued a baby hedgehog from year nines and brought it into the hostel. The matron told me to put it outside because "they carry diseases," at which point I responded "humans carry more!" I consider this to be possibly my best comeback ever.

Well, this turned out to be mildly informative.

Bye for now,
Love, 
Jess
xoxox

No comments:

Post a Comment